Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Day 172 - June 20

Anyone who's a friend on FB will recognize these pictures from throughout my morning today. But I had to use them here, too, because they're cute pictures and because my day centered around having a sick toddler at home with me.

I had big plans to get my once-every-three-weeks pedicure today. And maybe get some Panera for lunch while the kid was at MDO.

All that changed when I opened her bedroom door this morning to get her up and ready for school and was greeted with, "I don't feel good, Mommy. I need saltines." I didn't think much of it because she often wakes up so hungry that her tummy bothers her and it's fine as soon as we get some food in her.

But I got her crackers, and she was all cuddly and snuggly on the couch - not something that's usual for her - and then I broke out the towels to protect me and the couch. And I'm glad I did since one of the towels came in very handy in keeping me from getting, uh, messy.

Poor girl slept on and off for most of the morning - which is also completely unusual for her - and then, like a switch went off, she was fine!

So the first picture is her snoozing away flat on her back.

The second picture is how I found her after leaving the living room for about 5 minutes. Yes, she was still asleep, like this. I'm not sure how this happened.

And the last picture is when she was suddenly feeling fine.




No comments:

Post a Comment