Monday, June 11, 2012

Day 163 - June 11

Another food post today because I did absolutely nothing else exciting today!

So Pinterest came to the rescue with my overflowing produce drawer again. Did I mention that we bought into a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) farm this summer, so we get a big box of fresh, local produce every week? It's great, except every single squash on the farm ripened at the same time, so my produce drawer is literally overflowing with zucchini, yellow squash, and pattypan squash.

As you can imagine, I HAD to find some new ways to prepare all this squash - and not just do the same ol' sauté or steam.

Tonight's experiment was stuffed yellow squash and it was DELISH!!! I don't know how I ever survived without Pinterest!

(Oh, and so much for meatless Monday... that's a hunk of steak on the plate!)


No comments:

Post a Comment