Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Day 304 - October 30

The Halloween fun continues in the Dorval household. Today it was in the form of making cookie treats for Michaela's party at Mom's Day Out tomorrow.

I had big plans to make these super cute candy corn cookies, and then I realized I was kidding myself if I thought I was actually going to find the time to mix, chill, cut, and bake cookies from scratch when I don't have anyone else around to keep at least one child busy while I was in the kitchen.

So I put the call out on Facebook for ideas, and a friend gave me a link to these adorable witch's hat cookies. The BEST part of them is that I didn't have to actually bake anything, but 3-yr-olds will love them. I'm at least a step up from the store-bought cookies I was going to get!

AND, I got to let Michaela help me, which she thought was the coolest thing in the world. It was a win all the way around.

For the record, the aerosol can (think sqeezey-cheese) of Wilton icing isn't as easy to work with as you would think. With 3-yr-olds as my audience, though, I think I'll get away with it.



No comments:

Post a Comment