Saturday, October 20, 2012

Day 292 - October 18

Cate is three months old. We officially no longer have a newborn; she's an infant now.

To go along with being 3 months old, she is holding her head up really well, though it does get a bit floppy at times (that's a lotta noggin on a little body!), she smiles all the time (especially at the mention of "milk" and when she sees Mommy, Daddy, or Michaela), she loves to blow bubbles and gets the occasional raspberry in there as well, and she appears to have started the beginning stages of teething. Though it could just be that she's finally got the dexterity to get her hands into her mouth on purpose and she just likes to chew on them. I'm not sure which yet.

On top of that, she's sleeping really well at night (we've even gotten a few complete nights), usually giving us one good stretch of 5.5 to 6 hours in a row between 11pm and 4:30 or 5am. Some times her timing is off, though, and she'll wake up about 20 minutes before an alarm is set to go off. Not cool. She seems to be falling into a little bit of a routine during the day as far as nap times and awake times go, too, though it all depends on when she wakes up to eat for the first time.

She's a champion nurser, though she gets easily distracted already. And I have to move my thumb ring sometimes because she focuses on it and keeps her eyes crossed for way too long trying to stare at it. She's also started to do that cute thing babies do where they look up at you, while still latched, and smile a goofy smile. Milk drips everywhere and I laugh, and then she thinks it's hilarious, and the cycle starts again.

She has learned that sitting upright is good because you can see more, so she now cries if you lay her down when she wants to be up. She's still a little too unstable for the Bumbo chair, but she can handle it in short bursts and loves it. She's also started standing up when you hold her up and is pretty strong. She loves to be held upright in your arms and just pops her head up and looks all around, taking everything in.

Basically, she's growing up way too fast. She's my last baby and I want to keep her little forever. But I guess you can't do that, so I'll just be excited to watch her grow and change, and be happy that I'm here for all of it this time around instead of being at work!

On to the pictures. I couldn't decide between the two of just Cate, so I'm putting them both up. Then there's the one of both my girls. Michaela had to get in on the photo shoot, of course. Take a look at their mouths, and tell me there would be any question about them being sisters. That cracked me up! Oh, and note Cate's drool... I totally thought I'd be able to give away or sell those sticky bellies stickers, but she's now ruined the 1 month one with spit-up, and the 3 month one with drool and spit-up. Maybe next month I'll be sure to stick it a little lower on her belly and away from the splash zone!




No comments:

Post a Comment