Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Day 283 - October 9

To the untrained eye, the subject to tonight's picture just looks like a cute little Halloween craft.

To me, it represents how my Type-A-ness makes doing children's crafts my own personal version of hell.

It's ok to be a mom who doesn't craft with her kids, right? Because I seriously thought I was going to break out into hives as Michaela wildly wielded the glitter glue and haphazardly tore into the foam stickers, ripping one of the "Halloween" stickers in half. And, really, how many times can you put off a kid's request to use glue?

And now I have to go pick up the rest of the pieces that came with this craft and hide them so that Michaela won't remember to ask to keep working on her bats.




2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! It's totally okay to be a mom who doesn't craft with her kids. I limit my own crafting to alone time; my kids are lucky I let them have crayons, sometimes. :) That's why Michaela goes to day care right? She can use glue and glitter and rip stickers to her heart's content there and you won't have to break out into a sweat or hyperventilate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...I totally could have written the same exact thing. My MIL bought the boys paint, I about went into convulsions. They have used it ONCE and I consider that good for me!! :) You aren't the only one. I send Derrick (my 3 year old) to preschool and let him enjoy crafting time there hahaha!

    ReplyDelete