Saturday, October 27, 2012

Day 301 - October 27

I'm giving both girls equal time today.

We went to Bellingrath Gardens for their annual Halloween event tonight. I would like to start by patting myself on the back for choosing to take both kids to this event without their other parent with them. And I would like to thank my friends who helped me ride herd on Michaela while wearing the baby, pushing a stroller, trying to get Michaela to trick or treat nicely, getting a couple pictures, and then even sitting down to feed the baby.

Sadly, Michaela did not get to be the fairy princess she wants to be for Halloween tonight. I waited until 2 hrs before we were leaving to have her put on her costume, which I was pretty sure was too long, to see if it really WAS too long, and it definitely was.

Thank goodness for the dress-up box, so we had a back up in the form of any one of four different Disney princesses. She chose Rapunzel. (And notice the sweater... fall came to Alabama today!)

Cate was the world's cutest cow, courtesy of a cousin hand-me-down costume, and got lots of comments as I carried her in the Beco and only her little cow-spotted legs and cow hat stuck out. Adorable.

Tomorrow night we're going to try the Trunk or Treat at the base. And then we still have REAL Halloween trick or treating on Wednesday. I'm tired of Halloween already.



No comments:

Post a Comment