Sunday, October 7, 2012

Day 281 - October 7

Today, you should be grateful for a picture of Cate.

You almost got a picture of a trashcan. I bought a new one today because I have HATED our trashcan since we bought it right after we moved here.

Instead, you get a picture of Cate chillin' in the stroller exercising tonight after dinner. We had a beautiful fall day so we got to take care of the cooler temperature and get out as a family for a walk (in the heat of the summer Jason takes him late in the evening alone).

Funny story about the sleeper she's wearing, too....

Last fall, my mom came to visit for a few days. She had to reschedule her original trip because of a freak early snow storm in CT that left them without power for about a week. Had she come on time, I would not have been able to tell her in person that I was pregnant with Cate. But, because she came a week later, I had just (like two days before) found out and was able to share the news in person.

Right after I told her, she said, "Wait a minute!" and ran down the hall to the spare room (as I thought to myself, "Gee, thanks for the congratulations, Mom!"), where she pulled that sleeper out of her suitcase and gave it to me. She said she just had a feeling she was going to need it that trip.

I'm just glad Cate's getting a chance to wear it before she outgrows it. It hasn't been cool enough to need it until today!


No comments:

Post a Comment