Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Day 297 - October 23

Have I mentioned that Jason is out of town?

And that there isn't nearly enough chocolate in my house to deal with this fact? (That's not true, I still have 5 bag of Cadbury mini eggs; I just don't want to open a bag.)

I also don't like to drink when I'm alone with the kids. Even one glass of wine puts me on the edge of not-quite-able-to-drive after abstaining for so long when pregnant and now not drinking much because of nursing. So I skip it when I'm solo.

So I turned to Oreos. And as a friend (thanks, Amanda) pointed out after I posted this picture on Instagram yesterday, I really should not have turned to these particular Oreos. Because the high fructose corn syrup and whatever other really bad things in them aren't bad enough, a single cookie also has 100 calories and 4.5 grams of fat. One cookie. 100 calories. No wonder I have failed to lose a pound while Jason's been gone. I don't think I've eaten more than 200 calories' worth in a day, but I could be wrong about that. But, oh, are they good!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment