Monday, October 22, 2012

Day 296 - October 22

I braved crafting again today.

Jason is across the country and will be gone for quite a while longer, so I thought it would be fun to make a paper chain so Michaela can keep track of the days until he gets back. I'm hoping a little bit that, by seeing the chain get smaller, she'll stop telling me how much she misses him in the world's most pitiful voice. All I can do is say "Me, too, kid. Me, too."

So, armed with the glue sticks, construction paper, and kid's scissors I bought yesterday, we made a paper chain. Michaela did all the cutting and glue application, and I actually stuck the links together. It's not pretty, but she made it. And she had a blast.

And the extra bonus was that she was so caught up in gluing and cutting that she forgot to ask me to put a kid's show on TV, so I got a break from our usual afternoon of Upside Down Show or Yo Gabba Gabba. I might have to bust out the scissors for her every afternoon!

(The picture of her cutting paper is from after the chain was finished. I let her practice cutting the scraps, which turned out to be way more entertaining than making the chain. I guess she'd rather be creative with her cutting than actually have to make something!)



No comments:

Post a Comment