Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 5 - January 5

If you have a small child in your house, and you have cable TV, and it is often on Nick Jr., you might understand this picture with only a few words.

Michaela has a small obsession with The Fresh Beat Band. And by small, I mean enormous. As in, we have 20 distinct episodes of it on our DVR right now, and we have seen them all multiple times. She will scream "Pause it!!! I need my Kiki dress!!" when the show first starts (that would be a pink dress-up dress, which is similar-ish to the dress that one of the characters wears, in that it's pink). We had to remove the anti-chewing plastic things from her crib rails because she was pulling them off and drumming with them, and yelling "Wake up, Fresh Beats!!" at 6 in the morning (and ruining the crib more than she did when she used to chew on it). She sings all the songs, randomly spouts lines from the show (our favorite is "Watch the master at work!"), and today, when we were leaving the house, she even set it was time to "go-go a go-go."

So this is my own little Marina. Marina is the drummer on Fresh Beats (she prefers the old Marina to the new, in case anyone was wondering). I am making it my life's mission to track their concert tour and get tickets if they are anywhere near here and I can make it work. I'm pretty sure that would be cooler to her than all of the coming years of Disney vacations she's sure to have, all put together.

(And I had to use 2 pictures so you could get the full scope of what she was doing.)


No comments:

Post a Comment