Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 2 - January 2

Today, I went back to my roots. What I mean by that is that I went out into the yard and took pictures of flowers.

That's my "roots" because that's exactly what I did when I got my first DSLR camera in April 2007. Jason surprised me with it so I'd have it for our cross-country trip to Alaska, and the first thing I did was head outside to take pictures of the daffodils blooming in our yard.

So this afternoon, I headed outside to take pictures of camellias. I got a lot fancier than the one I snapped with my iPhone last week, and even a little fancier than those first daffodil pictures almost 5 years ago. Back then, it was my Sony a100 with the kit lens on it, and the camera firmly set on one of the preset automatic settings. Today it was my a850 with my 50mm/2.8 macro lens, and in full manual mode.

I really do love macro photography.


1 comment: