Thursday, January 26, 2012

Day 26 - January 26

Back to the phone for today's picture. But I have a good reason.

Michaela decided not to wake up until 10:30 this morning (seems like the visit with Grandpa Joe followed by two days in a row at school took their toll), so when she did finally get up, she was not feeling her best. Extreme hunger and slight dehydration will do that to you, and you get that way if it's been 17 hours since your last meal and you didn't really eat it. So she clung to me like velcro and we did a lot of laying on the couch.

Amazingly, she still took a nap, but I used that time to rest a little myself (meanwhile, I'm officially in the 2nd trimester now, so this fatigue can go away anytime), and then it was back to velcro kid when she woke up again. There were definitely few opportunities for picture-taking in that mix.

Thankfully, we've made a commitment to reinstitute family walk time after Jason gets home from work and before dinner, so I had some picture-taking opportunity while we were out in the neighborhood. Of course, the only camera I had was my phone. So you get a picture that's not Michaela, or Fred, or a PetSmart receipt, but it was taken with my phone. It's all a trade-off.

Doesn't a pretty yellow flower (a whole bush of them actually) just scream "Winter!!!"?? Yeah, I don't really think so either.


No comments:

Post a Comment