Sunday, July 22, 2012

Day 203 - July 21

Yesterday was our first full day at home. And I learned it's going to take a while to adjust.

But I'm hopeful that Michaela will come around to the idea of "Yellow" being Cate, and being a baby on the outside instead of the inside now that we're getting back to a normal routine. She had a rough couple days of going back and forth to the hospital, not understanding why Mommy didn't come home right away, and just being generally way off her schedule.

She alternates between showing Cate all kinds of love and wanting nothing to do with her. I think that's probably normal, but it worries me a little, too.

But then, yesterday morning, she left Bear with Cate while she was eating and snoozing on my lap in bed. Since Bear is her most special possession in the world, I'm choosing to believe she really does love her new sister!


No comments:

Post a Comment