Sunday, July 15, 2012

Day 197 - July 15

You know you've just gotten through a night of very little sleep (thanks to a few hours worth of contractions) when you walk into your own baby shower during coffee hour at church, and have no idea until someone literally points it out to you.

That was me today.

In my defense, another parishioner was celebrating her birthday, so there was a cake, which Michaela made a beeline for as soon as we walked into the Activities room. So mostly I was focused on keeping her from putting her little fingers into more than one piece of chocolate cake.

Next thing you know, someone is saying, "Surprise!" and then someone else literally had to point to the pile of gifts and the cute ducky decorations so I got what was going on. Jason just laughed at me because he got a heads up phone call before church this morning, so he knew what to expect!

I feel very blessed, though, that our church family put together a little shower for us, and that our priest had such nice things to say about us. It's always so hard when you move so much to find a place in a new church home. St. Luke's was the first church we tried when we got here (and then only tried one other before Jason made the call to go back to St. Luke's - I wonder if that's how he ended up the Senior Warden....), and we were welcomed with open arms, and were so happy to find a place so early in our time here. It took a bit to not choke up this morning (once I realized what was going on) when I realized that the love we have for St. Luke's is definitely not one-sided!

So tonight's picture is a quick shot of all the gift bags piled up in the dining room... now to find a place for everything!!


No comments:

Post a Comment