Monday, July 2, 2012

Day 184 - July 2

While cleaning up from dinner tonight (which consisted of Jason doing cleaning and me sitting at the table, keeping him company), it all of a sudden got very quiet in the living room, where I knew Michaela was playing. 

That's never good. Usually it means she's disappeared somewhere, and is getting ready to pull out every toy she owns. Given that this happened less than 45 minutes before bedtime (and only a few minutes before bath time), I was a little worried about what was going on.

Lo and behold, she was just playing quietly with some toys that were already out - some stickers meant for decorating Easter eggs that she found in my office today - and not doing too much more damage. It made me shake my head that she was sitting in the middle of an enormous mess (can I get you some Mardi Gras beads?) and happily finding little tiny stickers, patiently peeling the backs off of them, and then sticking them onto some foam boards I'd given her (the plastic egg that was with the stickers apparently didn't have enough space). 

It would drive me crazy to try to do what she was doing with all the chaos of the beads, the coloring books, the linkies rings, markers, and paint pens around her! But she just blocked it out and focused very intently (and quietly) on the task at hand. 

Maybe that dress-up dress gives her super powers.


No comments:

Post a Comment