Saturday, July 14, 2012

Day 196 - July 14

It was a rainy, yucky day here today. It stormed and rained on and off, with the sun peaking through every so often. On top of that, I slept terribly last night, so Jason let me stay in bed this morning, and we missed the window to get out for some kind of indoor activity even by the time we were all showered and dressed.

So by dinnertime tonight, I was going stir-crazy (I generally leave the house every single day for at least an hour or so). Because I had also forgotten completely about pulling something out of the freezer for dinner tonight, too, we needed to get some food. We shouldn't have resorted to fast food, but I wanted to check out the new Crazy 8 store at the mall, so we headed there and hit Chick-fil-A first. And then we bribed the kid with a ride on the carousel if she behaved at the store.

Besides bouncing off the walls (what the heck was in her nuggets?!?!?), she was great, so she got her carousel ride (along with a nice stash of new clothes), and everyone was happy.

Bribery. An excellent parenting tool since the beginning of time!


No comments:

Post a Comment