Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Day 185 - July 3

I asked on FB - kid pic or giant belly pic - and got, "Both!" for 2 out of 3 replies, so there are two pictures tonight. I'll put the belly one on the FlyingFish blog, too, just to keep them in one place.

Both pics are about baby stuff, so there's even a connection.

So I'm just about 37 weeks now. That means that the baby is considered full-term-ish (most doctors are comfy with a baby coming at 36 weeks, though more is obviously better), and can come anytime it feels like it. Of course, I've been very clear that I want it to wait until after Michaela's birthday, so hopefully Yellow will cooperate and wait until at least July 18th (we're having M's party on the 17th).

Because I'm so close to the end, we're actually finally getting baby things out and ready. We haven't been able to do it up to this point because we have to keep getting rid of other clutter first. But Jason brought the carseat in from the garage today to put the cover back on it and get it all cleaned up and ready.

Michaela was immediately fascinated. And a doll immediately found its way into the seat. And then a blanket went over the doll. And then a blanket went over the whole seat because the baby was sleeping and we had to be quiet. Then she tried to "wake up" the baby by grabbing it by the head and shaking.

We have some teaching to do.

Anyway... the first picture is M getting her baby all situated in the seat. And the second picture is me in my 36weeks, 5 day glory. The baby has dropped, which is probably why I was measuring at only 35 weeks at my midwife appointment today (the first time she did a fundal height measurement... funny to wait so long!), but I'm also crossing my fingers that it just means this kid isn't as ginormous as its sibling was at birth, which is what my midwife seems to think. Time will tell!



No comments:

Post a Comment