Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Day 32 - February 1

Michaela decided she wanted to paint this afternoon. This decision came while she was cuddled up and we were rocking in the rocker in her room shortly after she woke up, totally cranky, from her nap. She's got a bit of a cold, so she's not sleeping well and was especially clingy... uh, cuddly... after her nap yesterday and today. So there she was, essentially laying on me as we rocked when she sat up straight, said, "I want to paint!!" and happily climbed down to go find the painting stuff.

Sometimes it's like we have two kids.

There are two different options for painting - the first is Color Wonder fingerpaints and the second is a paintbrush marker in a generic brand of Color Wonder kind of thing. She had to use both.

The fingerpaints didn't last long (she is so totally my daughter - Type A and not wanting to get her hands messy), but she really had fun with the brushes. I think everything is pink in the little book, but that was the color that seemed to work best, as she figured out. Plus, I think she just likes pink.

Apparently, painting with a paintbrush marker takes an enormous amount of concentration, too. And thankfully I got a bunch of shots in before she realized what I was doing and said, "Don't take pictures. I'm trying to paint!"


No comments:

Post a Comment