Saturday, February 18, 2012

Day 49 - February 18

It rained today. A lot. We got steady rain with thunderstorms and deluge-type rain mixed in every so often. Jason's pretty sure he drained about 4 or 5 inches off the pool... that's a lot of rain.

Michaela wanted so badly to go outside after her nap. She kept asking every few minutes, and we kept pointing out that it was raining. Really raining. At one point, I stepped outside with her and there was a nice clap of thunder a minute later, so she decided it was a good time to go inside.

About 10 minutes later, she asked to go out again. And when we did, she didn't want to come back in. So I told her I was going inside and closed the door. The idea was that she would come in since she doesn't like being left alone.

It backfired. She thought it was hilarious and the most fun she'd had in days to be out there by herself. So she checked out the rain. She smiled a little. And she danced around a lot. Eventually she let herself back in, telling me there was thunder and she had to come in. I don't think there was thunder, but her feet were definitely cold. So I'm glad she came in!

Meanwhile, she gave me a great subject for some pictures today!


1 comment:

  1. a Kodiak baby dancing in the rain? Seema perfectly normal to this Alaskan....

    ReplyDelete