Monday, February 6, 2012

Day 37 - February 6

Every so often, something happens, just something little, that reminds me of the fact that I'm definitely a grown up.

Yes, being married for almost 13 years should be one clue. Other clues include having bought and sold one home, and then having bought a second one; having completed too many military moves to keep track of (ok, just kidding... I've lived in 6 states now courtesy of the CG); driving what is essentially a mom-mobile without being a minivan (yay for my Chevy Traverse!!); and, oh yeah, having a child and another on the way.

Even with all of those things as constant reminders of the fact that I'm a grown up, there are still other things that drive the point home.

Today, it was my complete and total excitement at the sight of the Crate and Barrel box through the open door of the UPS truck as it drove up to the house. I'm not kidding. I jumped up and down and clapped my hands (don't worry, Jason was home to see that. I didn't act like a fool in an empty house or anything).

What could prompt such excitement, you ask?

Glasses. A complete, matching set of glass wear - 12 highball glasses and 12 double old-fashioned glasses. And these glasses rock because they're heat-tempered glass, so I can use them for hot and cold drinks. Yep, awesome!

Ah, being a grown up is fabulous... a week's worth of excitement over the delivery of new glass wear. Be jealous. Be very, very jealous.


No comments:

Post a Comment