Saturday, January 26, 2013

Day 26 - January 26

First, I want to say Happy 39th Anniversary to my parents! You guys are a good example of sticking it out and working at it and making a marriage work, even through some of the worst adversity a family could imagine. Love you guys!

Onto the business of pictures now. There are two for tonight because I had to show both my girls enjoying our start to the Mardi Gras season. We made it to our first parades of the year tonight and, even though the krewes were a little stingy with the throws, a good time was had by all.

Michaela just kept telling us she was so excited to be there and acted like a single strand of beads was the greatest thing she'd ever gotten in her life! Cate, we learned, apparently likes a drum line. As each marching band came by us, I would feel the tapping of two little feet kicking my sides (I was wearing her in the Beco carrier). She even woke up out of a dead sleep as the last band came by (not the brass instruments, just the drums) and started her little kicks. It cracked me up every time.

Cate, of course, needed to have an outfit to mark this occasion (don't worry, I put pants on her before we left the house). And Michaela did her best screaming of "throw me somethin', Mister!" to get some new additions to the bead collection, a few moon pies, a little stuffed dog she's calling Banana, and some peanuts.




No comments:

Post a Comment