Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Day 22 - January 22

Sometimes, you're so tired, you fall asleep sitting up.

For Jason, this happens almost every night. (Sorry, honey, it's true...)

For a lot of other people's babies, it happens pretty frequently. You know those adorable pictures where the kid falls asleep at the dinner table? Or mid-jump in the jumperoo?

That kind of thing never happened with Michaela. Once she was past the newborn sleeping thing (when they'll sleep wherever and whenever they're tired), we had to have the perfect conditions for her to take a nap, which usually consisted of there being nothing else around to distract her.

So far, Cate has been the same way. She won't sleep when we're out running errands in the morning anymore. She falls asleep in the car, but, generally, as soon as I move the carrier out of the car, she wakes up and then stays awake to be part of the action.

Apparently, though, even if that's you're personality, sometimes you just get too tired and can't help but succumb to sleep. I was getting us ready to get out of the house this morning (I'm pretending it's actually the 22nd when I'm posting this) and I plopped Cate down in one of our super comfy futon chairs in the living room while I went to put on some mascara and get my shoes and socks.

When I came back to the living room, this is what I found. In her defense, those chairs suck everyone in.


No comments:

Post a Comment