Thursday, January 17, 2013

Day 17 - January 17

Cate will be six months old tomorrow. Remember how a week ago I said that we were waiting until she was six months old to try food? Well, I broke my rule, but only in a small way. We had some avocado with dinner the other night so we tried to give her a small piece of that (she didn't love it), and then we tried some banana the next night (she couldn't pick it up but I did give her some mashed up and she rolled it around her mouth and then spit it out), and then we tried some watermelon last night (she sucked the juice out and then spit it out). So, in case you're keeping track, we also broke the "rule" of only feeding the same kind of food three times in a row to check for allergies. Ooops.

So tonight, I thought I'd try a bigger piece of banana and see how she did.

Her immediate reaction was a big ol' sour puss face. But she went back for more and seemed to enjoy it at least a little bit. I don't know how much she actually ingested versus what ended up in and on her bib, but she's definitely at least gotten the taste of some new stuff.

I'm still in no hurry to shove solid foods down her throat. Mostly because breastmilk poop is a whole lot more pleasant than solid food poop. So we'll stick with milk and add in some tastes of food here and there and we'll see how she likes it!




No comments:

Post a Comment