Monday, January 21, 2013

Day 21 - January 21

At church yesterday, when I probably should've been paying attention to a reading or something, I started to think about the bookshelf I really want for the girls' room. I've been on the hunt for the perfect one for weeks, and even have friends willing to bring things here from their nearest Ikeas since that was the only place I found something close (and shipping was going to be $400). I realized that there was no reason why Jason, who has a garage full of fancy power tools, couldn't just build my shelf. I didn't want anything too fancy, but I had in my mind exactly what I wanted and couldn't find it online for less than $200.

So I drew a rough sketch and Jason did all the real engineering dorkiness to figure out actual measurements, what materials he'd need, and then got to work first thing this morning. By tonight, I have my shelf, which just needs a little wood filler, a sanding, and some paint!

But I'm not going to use a picture of my shelf. I'm going to use a picture of Michaela "helping" while Jason was building the shelf. She's such a little mimic it kills me. The "ear mops" (that would be ear muffs or hearing protection to you and me) were to protect her from the sound of the power tools and Jason gave her a few of her own tools to work with.

Too cute, right?

(And a little pat on my own back... this is straight out of the camera. I could've futzed with it a little, but when I opened it in Photoshop, I couldn't figure out what I would need to do, so I left it!)


1 comment: