Saturday, October 29, 2011

Day 302 - October 29

I LOVE tonight's picture. For a few reasons.

From a pure aesthetics standpoint, I just think it's pretty.

From the neat life experience camp, this was the first time I've seen a hot air balloon from this close up!

From the geeky side of me, I love it because achieving this picture means that I'm really understanding how to use my camera. I chose the settings on my camera to make this happen. I picked the perfect second to release the shutter to get the glow without the bright flash of the burner inside the balloon. And, most importantly, to me, I didn't have to edit this. I did increase the contrast just a little bit because I liked it a little better this way, but I didn't have to. It looked great SOOC (straight out of the camera).

It's been just a little over a year since I took my photography class and I can't believe what I've been able to achieve. No one else has to like what my pictures look like, but I'm constantly amazed when I sit down to edit a picture and I realize what I've been able to accomplish with the camera in manual and having to figure out how to make it work myself. Playing with photography and my fancy camera has been fun for almost 5 years now, but REALLY knowing what I'm doing for the past year has just made it that much more exciting.

Sorry to ramble... but this picture just really made me happy tonight!!


No comments:

Post a Comment