Monday, October 17, 2011

Day 290 - October 17

It might still be really hot out, but the humidity, as I said yesterday, is mostly gone, so we can at least be outside (in the shade) for longer than 2 minutes before wanting to die.

This leads to a lot of requests to be outside from the toddler. As Jason and I talked about today, though, we LOVE that she wants to be outside so much! Although, on the days when the last thing we want to do is be outside, it can be tough. But, like good parents, we go and find fun things for her to do.

Today that was playing with chalk. I got chalk out to work on the finishing touches of a project we did at MOPS last week (a small chalkboard to use as a menu board), and, of course, as soon as she saw the chalk, Michaela wanted in on the action.

I abandoned my project (after ruining the chalkboard paint), but at least we got a colorful patio out of the deal!

(I couldn't choose between these two pictures, so I'm going with both.)


No comments:

Post a Comment