Sunday, October 23, 2011

Day 296 - October 23

I have a love/hate relationship with the DVD in today's picture.

I love it because the kid loves it (and it's companion, Disc 1). She sings along to the songs, has her favorites, tells me what she does and doesn't want to watch on it, and has shown me her powers of memorization and love of singing and dancing through it.

I hate it because we listened to it ad nauseum from Kodiak to Mobile last summer (with some Dora and a Disney movie or two thrown in), we listened to it (and nothing else) from here to Orlando, and back (and all around town for two weeks), and we get to be subjected to it regularly around home.

In fact, I chose to take a picture of it tonight because, on the way home from a night out, Michaela asked for "La di da" and "Count me in" - two of the songs on the DVD. So we got to watch those really quickly before she headed to bed - leaving me with "La di da" in my head for the rest of the night.

Ah, Sesame Street. I love to hate you.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, the things we put ourselves through to keep the kids from screaming. I have a love-unlove relationship with Sesame Street as well. Rather annoying at times, but it's really the best show I can find for the kids.

    ReplyDelete