Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day 293 - October 20

It's a Dance Party!!!

I have to thank my mother-in-law for the whole concept of the Dance Party. It was introduced while we were on vacation for some reason - probably on an afternoon when Jason and I were out and she was trying to figure out a way to keep the highly-energetic toddler occupied! Anyway, since then, we have a regular occurrence of the Dance Party. Usually it involves an Elmo microphone (the music for the Dance Party while on vacation) and some "guys" (toys) lined up to watch the Dance Party in the living room. But sometimes she likes to branch out.

In the past couple of weeks, the Dance Party has moved outside - to the utilities box in front of the house - whenever Michaela gets the chance. There was almost a meltdown yesterday morning when I wouldn't let her go out there in her bare feet (with me in my pajamas) at 8am. (I solved the problem by letting her feel how cold it was outside! And then she got to spend some quality time out there both yesterday afternoon and this morning before lunch.)

Jason is concerned about the fact that his little girl seems to enjoy dancing on something that resembles a table.


No comments:

Post a Comment