Saturday, October 29, 2011

Day 301 - October 28

It's another Fred post today, but for very good reason.

Our old man turned 8 today! In honor of the occasion (and because I still feel guilty about forgetting his birthday in the years since the kid arrived), I baked him a cake which he'll enjoy all weekend, and I made him endure a camera in his face this afternoon so I could get his birthday portrait.

I got the portrait and then I got an action shot. I imagine him thinking, "Who's an old dog?" in the action shot. He looks (except for the gray) like a puppy! Sadly, though, mere minutes after taking the picture, and only three runs down the yard, he chose to collapse on the ground and rest. He's got the get-up to play, he just can't keep going for long!

Although he's been pushed aside for the human child, Fred will always be our first baby! Happy Birthday, Bubba!


No comments:

Post a Comment