Monday, December 31, 2012

Day 365 - December 30

We finished up 2012 with a bang... potty learning with the big kid.

I know some people might think that almost three and a half seems late for potty learning, but we made a decision to not push it after she freaked out when we tried to put her in a underwear a few months ago. We've spent a lot of time just getting her used to the idea, but once the baby came, we were in no rush to start trying since Michaela didn't handle the transition to big sister very well in the early days.

So that brought us to this week.

Jason's been home a lot over the past week or so thanks to having a holiday schedule at work. So I wanted to take advantage of the extra set of hands to help out. (That sort of means I saddled him with the work while I did things like feed the baby.)

We started on Friday and by yesterday afternoon, we'd had two days with no accidents and she was trucking right along. I'm sure we'll have our moments over the next few days and weeks, but she figured it out quickly and I'm very happy to be ending 2012 with only one kid in diapers full-time (Michaela will still be in one overnight for a while).

So if I got nothing else out of 2012, at least I got that! (And a baby... but whatever. Ha.)

Today's picture is of our second sticker chart. The kid is very motivated by stickers and pretend phone calls from Rachel Coleman - the lady from Signing Time (and Potty Time, in this case). Whatever it takes!




No comments:

Post a Comment