Saturday, December 29, 2012

Day 364 - December 29

Holy cow. There are only two days left in the year after today. This project started almost two full years ago, on a whim. I actually got my inspiration from another friend who had started her own 365 project, never thinking it would be something I'd be able to stick with, and now here I am 2 years and two (almost) full 365 projects later. So the question is, do I keep going again in 2013? Part of me wants to stop because it can sometimes be tough to keep up with (there have been a lot of late posts since Cate came along!), but I also like that I have this way to keep track of our daily life. I haven't printed 2011 out yet, but I will be printing both 2011 and 2012 in blog books to keep for posterity. I kind of like the idea of continuing to do that, especially since I'm so bad at keeping up with our other blog (that's probably because of this one, though).

Decisions, decisions. Anyone care to weigh in?

Meanwhile, as a way of ending 2012 on a high note (and being an overachiever in terms of her sister), Cate has decided that she'd like to start sitting up on her own. I officially marked it on her calendar for yesterday, but she got even better today, managing to sit herself back up from the folded-up "taco" position. She can't catch herself if she leans too far back or to the side, but she can pretty much stay up on her own for long periods of time now.

I looked back at Michaela's calendar, and she wasn't doing this until she was about two weeks older than Cate is now, but I could've sworn it was later. I think Cate is just determined to grow up on me way too fast. It's so funny how you can't wait for the milestones with the first baby, but when you know it's your last, you want time to stop and to keep that cuddly newborn around forever.

Cuddly newborn she is not.... she's my sitting-up infant and I'm not ready for her to get any bigger!!


No comments:

Post a Comment