Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day 195 - July 14

Sometimes you DO have to put (the) baby in the corner....
(Please tell me someone else gets that!)

I don't know if it's teething or the full-on onset of the Terrible 2s, but Michaela's been a bear lately! My angelic, sweet, darling toddler will turn on me in a minute and yell, "NO!!" at the slightest provocation. On top of that, she's been crying very easily when she's scolded, which means it's nearly impossible to get your point across.

So we've been making use of a corner. It makes her calm down so we can try to tell her what she's done wrong instead of just yelling at her. It mostly works for both of us.

Shortly before dinner tonight, I told her to do something and she told me no. I calmly said her name (the whole thing), asked her what I've told her about telling me no, and she promptly said, "I go in corner."

Yeah, so I'm not 100% sure this discipline is going to work, but she's quiet for two minutes while she's in there (she ALWAYS stops crying as soon as her face is to the wall), and sometimes that's all I need to deal with the situation. *sigh* Parenting a toddler is not the most fun I've ever had.

So here she is, in the corner, where she put herself. I would've liked to get a closer picture, but I just grabbed my phone real quick and didn't want to get close enough that she knew I was taking a picture instead of being a stern disciplinarian. Another *sigh* Trying not to laugh while disciplining your child is not easy either.


No comments:

Post a Comment