Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 187 - July 6

It was a big day in my world today... well, not as much in my world as in my brother and sister in law's world. But it was big by association for me.

Welcome to the world, Gabriella Grace! My newest niece was born at 10:30 this morning, a little peanut at only 6lbs, 8 oz. My plane ticket is already purchased for the beginning of August, so I only have to wait a few more weeks to get to meet her!!

All of that has nothing to do with today's picture. In fact, today's picture has nothing to do with anything really. I ran out to snap a quick picture this afternoon after the rain broke because the only other picture I'd taken was a funny one of the kid first thing this morning, and I wanted a non-kid picture today.

So this is a zinnia from my new flowering plants that are currently just sitting in their pots from the store on the back porch, where they've been since I bought them on Sunday. Theoretically they'll get into prettier pots and onto their stands tomorrow. We'll see if that happens!

And I have to say, I'm sort of wondering why I need the big fancy camera.... this was taken with my iPhone (with Hipstamatic app). And I LOVE it.


No comments:

Post a Comment