Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Day 57 - February 26

I took both girls grocery shopping this morning. Normally I would go after dropping Michaela off at school on Monday morning so that I only have one kid to deal with, and so that I'm done nice and early. But it was raining a deluge on Monday morning, so I decided to postpone until Tuesday. I figured two kids was less of an issue than loading groceries and a baby into the car in the downpour.

*sigh*

I got a later start than I wanted to (no surprise there), and I was a little slower than normal because I had the three year old with me. And I needed to find her a rolling backpack for our trip next week (kid can carry her own carry-on stuff!). That was a process. Yikes.

Anywho.... the trip ran into the 10 o'clock hour, which is becoming naptime in Cate's world. The little one's head started to bob as I stopped in the cosmetics section to get the mascara that was the last thing on my list (had to use that coupon before it expired!). And then it sank to the side a little more, and then she was face down in the cart.

And then she was even further face-down by the time I got out to the car. And this was after trying to pick her back up a few times. I felt terrible!!

The worst part, though, was that she woke up when I moved her to the carseat, and never really went back to sleep. That made for an interesting afternoon and evening. I should've just put her in the Beco and worn her like normal - then she would've slept the whole time we were shopping! Lesson learned on that one!

Oh, and it's a good thing I finally remember the rings to attach toys to the cart cover. Totally unnecessary.


No comments:

Post a Comment