Monday, February 18, 2013

Day 47 - February 16

It's that time of the year. The time of the year when the surf is the right condition for training in Astoria, OR, so Jason gets to go out there and teach pilots how to fly on cliffs and deploy swimmers in heavy surf.

Which means I get to do the solo thing for a couple weeks.

This used to be a lot easier before we had kids. Part of that is because I really miss the help with the kids, but the other part of it is because it breaks my heart when Michaela gets sad when her daddy is gone. I can deal with my own sadness at missing him, but it's just so hard to watch her deal with it.

So we made a paper chain. Apparently we're going to do this for every trip from now on. I'm glad he's an aviator and not a ship guy... we'd need some really long chains if his trips were normal big white cutter trips. And I'd be making the chains myself since 14 links is about the length of Michaela's attention span.


No comments:

Post a Comment