Thursday, February 14, 2013

Day 45 - February 14

Happy Valentine's Day.

Today, Cate's lucky I love her.

Ok, maybe that's not fair, but after two nights of little to no sleep and not being able to put her down at all today, I'm tired. And I hate seeing my poor baby so sick! It's *just* a cold, but it's the worst cold I've ever seen in a kid. I know Michaela has never had one this bad.

So after two nights of no sleep, I finally decided to try some Tylenol earlier today (we don't do medicines for the most part, not unless the kid is really miserable). It seems to have worked a little, but when I posted about it on a mommy facebook group I'm in, there was some discussion of a link between Tylenol use in children and asthma. Since we don't use it often, I'm not too concerned, but more than a couple people recommended Hyland's baby cold and cough remedies. We love their teething tablets, so I figured they're worth a shot. So far we've only used the cold tablets.

It's possible they're working; Cate has now been sleeping for over an hour - the longest stretch we've gotten from her without a scream or cough in two days.

So tonight's picture is of the remedies that will hopefully get all of us some sleep tonight. Jason and I need it so as to not be walking zombies and Cate needs it so she can fight the rest of this off and hopefully be able to clear the rest of the crud from her head. She's so sad and pathetic as she tries to deal with not being able to breathe; it's just breaking my heart.

Please work. Please work. Please work.


No comments:

Post a Comment