Monday, February 18, 2013

Day 49 - February 18

I'm going to be a day late with real 7 month pictures. But at least today's picture is still Cate.

I think I may have finally found a food she'll tolerate. She may have even liked it a little. Avocado.

I gave her an avocado spear and she actually nibbled some pieces off of it. When the chunk got too little, I cut it up into non-choking sized bites and handed them to her. She put some in her mouth herself, and opened up for me to put others in for her. She even got mad when one piece was almost gone and another wasn't ready for her!

We've been trying to give her food since a couple days before she turned 6 months old. Now, on the day she's 7 months, we've finally found something. Because she definitely could live without sweet potatoes (steamed and packaged puree), pears (puree), applesauce, bananas, and apple. Though she also likes whipped cream. A lot.

So I'm glad she seems to like avocado (since it's healthier than whipped cream). I'm still in no hurry for her to eat a bunch of real food, but I'm glad to see we might actually get to a point one day when she won't get it all from me!


No comments:

Post a Comment