Friday, April 6, 2012

Day 96 - April 5

Today was a much better day than yesterday, so I got around to editing a picture from yesterday.

I picked this one because it is the epitome of the opposite of how I felt our day was.

Michaela had her Easter party at school. She was so excited about it - especially the egg hunt. Seconds before the kids were let loose in the Narthex area of the church (it had to be inside due to weather), I walked away from her to try to get pictures from in front of her, and she FLIPPED out. Like, FLIPPED out.

I could not get her to calm down and pick up eggs that she was standing right next to, no matter what I did. So as all the other kids filled their baskets, she sadly scooped up less than a dozen eggs, sobbing hysterically the whole time. It broke my mama heart like few things have in her short little life.

When the hunt was over, we walked away from the crowd and found a quiet spot where we both cried and cuddled for a little while. She sniffed a bit and then asked to go back to the group so she could open her eggs. But she still wasn't 100%.

To say we're having some issues with Daddy being gone on a trip would be an understatement.

A plate full of lunch and yummy treats (Cheetos) cheered her up a bit, though, and that's when I managed to get this smiley picture.

The rest of the day wasn't much better than the egg hunt, with crying before nap (for both of us!!), rounds of, "I want my daaaaaaaddy!!!" at every turn, a bad trip to the dog park, and more crying before bed. Oh, and I almost forgot the disappointment at not being able to go to the nursery during the Maundy Thursday church service because the nursery staff either didn't show up or were late, so I made her sit through church with me (though she did REALLY well with that!).

*sigh* I am SO glad that Jason's trips are short, and they are few and far between.

At least out of all the bad that was yesterday, I got this picture of my girl, though!!


No comments:

Post a Comment