Monday, April 30, 2012

Day 121 - April 30

*sigh* Last day of my birthday month. Sad. And since I'll be busy with a small baby next year and probably won't do another 365 project, it's the last you'll all have to hear about my birthday! (Unless we're friends on FaceBook, in which case, there are only 11 months until I get to talk about it again!!)

Anyway, summer has returned to the Gulf Coast after a nice break last week. We hit a high of 91 in town today, so the pool saw some action! Between noon and 3:30 this afternoon, the pool temperature went up 2 degrees, and the kid was more than happy to play in the water. Daddy took her swimming for a little while before he had to go into work tonight, and thankfully, she was done swimming by the time he had to head in to change, so I just had to sit outside with her (I did my swimming this morning and was NOT putting a soaking wet suit back on. Ick.).

In a stroke of Mommy-genius, though, I managed to keep her occupied with water by filling up buckets and letting her play next to the pool while I sat in the shade. I think she might have a new favorite past time, and I think we need to go buy a few more outside buckets so I don't have to sacrifice my tupperware-like containers!

And I have no idea how this happened, but she looked right at the camera, and she gave me an actual genuine smile. This NEVER happens!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment