Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Day 95 - April 4

I love what 75 cents can get me.

We hit the mall just a little before dinner tonight because I needed something I could only get there (as a general rule, I avoid it like the plague). As we walked in, Michaela, of course, immediately noticed the cars/helicopter to ride in. A savvy mom keeps things like that in her back pocket to get good behavior from her child, though. Which is what I did.

Just one, "You can ride on the car, but first Mommy needs to go do her shopping," was all it took to get her to walk nicely next to me, act mostly appropriately while we were in the store (she pretended to try on clothes at Motherhood, complete with pulling the curtain closed in the changing room), and then stay right near me again as I got change from the Target cafe to pay for the ride.

Of course she picked the ride that was 75 cents instead of only 50 cents, but I'll take it. She rode in the car with the dog and the vet and thought it was the greatest thing ever. It saved me from having to walk all the way to the carousel for the $2 ride, too!!



No comments:

Post a Comment