Friday, April 29, 2011

Day 119 - April 29

I figured out how to take pictures of things other than the kid....

Leave town.

No, seriously... we're in New Orleans and I have more than enough things to take pictures of. I looked like a silly tourist tonight with my camera hanging from my neck and my giant sling-shot backpack on my back (holding 3 other lenses because you never know which one you might want to use even though I only used one of them), but I didn't care. There's too much pretty stuff here to care if you look like a silly tourist with a camera.

We got here late in the afternoon so we didn't go too far, but we did get down to Jackson Square/St. Louis Cathedral after dinner. Unlike the last time I was here, the area was a little more crowded and I didn't feel as bold to actually lay on the ground to take my picture, but I think I got a good one anyway. And then I converted it to black and white because I forget that I can shoot in B&W on my new camera (I couldn't on my a100).

Oh, how I've missed taking pictures of stuff!!! (Though there were plenty of pictures taken of the kid playing in Jackson Square, too!)


No comments:

Post a Comment