Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day 117 - April 27

Happy Birthday to me,
Happy Birthday to me...
Happy Birthday dear meeeeeee!
Happy Birthday to me!

Today's picture of one of my birthday gifts comes with a story.

Last Friday, Jason was scheduled for a night flight. In the week or so leading to that day, I had really been jonesing for a day off. Just a day where I could be at home, by myself, enjoying a little peace and quiet. That doesn't happen often because, when Jason's home on the weekends, we do family things. But a bonus day? Well, that was a perfect way for me to get, at least, my morning. So, rather than plan to do some stuff together, Jason packed up Michaela and a diaper bag and headed out to keep her occupied while I just relished in some time alone in the house. It was heaven.

All of that backstory leads somewhere... I promise...

While out and about, one of the things the two of them did was to shop for my birthday present. I was never told where they went; my only clue was that she got a free plastic bracelet from wherever they were. Really, it could've been anywhere, so that wasn't much of a hint.

Fast forward to this morning. In the spirit of trying to get in a celebratory mood for my favorite day of the year, we've been telling Michaela that my birthday was coming. So this morning, on the way to Kinder-Gym, from the backseat, I hear my little non-secret-keeper saying, "Mommy birthday! Bracelet!" Having asked for a Pandora bracelet, but thinking I was only getting a gift card to B&H Photo, I started laughing. A lot. While driving. Not very safe....

I kept this little tidbit to myself until after unwrapping my gift from Michaela tonight. Then Jason told me he'll never take her shopping again. We'll probably be able to bring her along again at some point, but it won't be anytime soon!!

Happy Birthday to me!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment