Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Day 235 - August 23

In my files, I called this picture "ladybug cake." I know, super creative, right?

The more accurate title would be "Mommy is a sucker."

This small cake was purchased on the way home from playgroup where we had just eaten birthday cake. But I went to the bakery at the grocery store (I was there to get tomatoes and apples) because I've been nursing a chocolately chocolate cake craving for days, and this little masterpiece was right at 2-year-old eye level in the front of the case.

There was squealing and a "pleeeease little ladybug cake!!" And I couldn't resist her. And I didn't get chocolate cake. Or even one of the yummy-looking almond cake petit fours in the case. Nope. I bought a small yellow cake decorated like a ladybug.

The good news is that it is VERY tasty. And divided up into four pieces, this little cupcake-sized cake was a perfect little treat for me. Today and tomorrow. (And, yes, I shared - and will share again tomorrow - with the toddler.)

Hello? Willpower? Yeah, anytime you wanted to come back would be great. Thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment