Thursday, August 4, 2011

Day 216 - August 4

First of all, I have to say Happy Birthday, Coast Guard! The Coast Guard (or, more accurately, what became the CG) is 221 years old today!

And now for a post that has nothing to do with the Coast Guard....

My mom (Grandma) and I took Michaela to the Lutz Children's Museum this morning. There's not much to it, but it's the perfect kind of place for someone Michaela's age to burn off some energy, do some hands-on learning/playing, and see some small animals (mostly rodents and birds).

While she enjoyed pretty much everything about the museum, she especially liked ringing the bell on the "trolley." I think there may have once been a rope attached to the ringer in the bell, but it was no longer there, so it took some work to get any noise out of it. Michaela figured out how to do that pretty quickly (with help from Grandma holding her up to reach it), and was cracking us up with her giggles every time she got it to ring as loud as possible.

Even funnier was her flinching every time. I was excited to look down at the screen on my camera and see I captured that reaction with little blur or camera shake! This just makes me laugh because all she wanted to do was the ring the bell, but then she'd scare herself every time!


No comments:

Post a Comment