Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 213 - August 1

Pardon me, but your Type-A-ness is showing.

I'm in the midst of packing for a week-long trip. It's just me and Michaela going and I'm stressed about traveling alone with her. Mostly I'm stressed about getting the two of us and all of the crap I'm bringing with us into the airport (and then back out again when we get back here next week). With two decent-sized bags, a carseat (which the kid will be riding in, thanks to our Go-Go-Babyz wheels), my backpack, her backpack, a camera bag and a diaper bag, it's a lot to wrangle and I seriously get a headache just thinking about it!

In addition to that for this trip, I always stress about packing for every trip. That's just a given. So I pulled up my trusty excel spreadsheet, updated it for this trip, and got to work. I've got all the big stuff done already and I still have a day and a half til we leave. Whew!

Now to figure out how to get us into the airport.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, your packing list makes me feel rather inadequate in my traveling abilities. Actually, no, it doesn't, but I feel like it should. I can definitely see the reasoning behind having a detailed packing list and getting started days ahead of time, but I'm just not that person. I pack around midnight the evening before going on a trip with both my kids without the husband. I always over-pack on clothing and almost never forget anything.

    Anyway, if you need a ride to the airport just let me know. Safe & happy travels!

    ReplyDelete