Saturday, August 13, 2011

Day 225 - August 13

Sometimes this girl just makes me shake my head in confusion.

For the last two weeks, Jason has been out of town for work. Every other day for those two weeks, I have had a shrieking child on my hands when it comes time for a bath. Even my mother was treated to this display of displeasure at being cleaned, and all her Grandma charms did little to stop the crying completely.

And, yet, in the pool today, Michaela was more than happy to pick up the hose (I needed to do a little refilling thanks to an apparent lack of rain while I was gone) and douse herself (not to mention the part where she was actually submerged in water in the first place). She seriously played with the house for the full half hour I had it on.

I used this to my advantage, though... when we were done swimming, I brought the shampoo outside and washed her hair in the yard. With the hose. We had laughing instead of crying. Maybe now that Jason's back, she'll go back to normal in the tub, but, meanwhile, I have a secret weapon (and I'll be getting some kind of hose/sprayer attachment for the tub for his next trip).


No comments:

Post a Comment