Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 228 - August 16

Before I get to the business of today's picture, and since I'm horrific at updating our other blog, I just have to mark a different kind of 365....
I've officially been out of the Coast Guard for a year now. On this date last year, I got my dependent ID and joined the ranks of veterans, and stay-at-home moms. It's been a quick year and I'm down to only a little while longer before I decide whether I want to go back a year from now or not. I'm leaning heavily toward not. I'll have to stop there for now, though, and maybe update the other blog with my thoughts on that. I just needed to say it's been a year. Wow.

Onto the real business of this blog... today's picture.

For some reason this morning, when I opened Michaela's closet to pick out a dress for her (she got some shots today.... dresses are much easier for access to thighs than shorts!), she decided she wanted her singing/dancing bear toy thing. As I was taking that down from the shelf, she spotted her hockey stick and promptly decided she wanted that as well.

For the short time we were home this morning, she ignored the hockey stick, but Daddy came home after a dentist appointment and made sure she paid attention to it! Though she's shown every sign of being the world's biggest girly girl (child seriously flips out when she gets dirt in her shoes or on her hands), I think Jason still has hopes that she'll want to play hockey. Personally, I plan to encourage soccer, mostly because it's a lot cheaper and generally doesn't involve early morning ice time.

But I'll let Jason have his fun for now... with the Care Bears hockey stick and puck!


No comments:

Post a Comment