Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Day 145 - May 25

My kid cracks me up. (I'm sorry, Christina - it's another kid picture... sort of.)

She's a little sponge, soaking up anything and everything that happens around her during the day. That can be bad, like when she parrots me saying "Oh, crap!" (thankfully, I've cleaned up my sailor mouth quite a bit around her and that's all she says!); but it can also be cute and funny when she tries to mimic stuff like me cooking.

Today, all she could talk about was popcorn (thanks, Grandma... I think I can blame that on you trying to get some for her on Monday). I think we were supposed to have popcorn with lunch but I sort of "forgot." So when dinner rolled around, she was still talking about it. And when dinner was done, she was still talking about it. So I made her a small batch and she relaxed on the couch for a bit, munching away for a while, until she decided to experiment a little.

Normally, I'd get pretty mad about the playing with food part of this, but she was just so darn proud of herself that all I could do was smile.... especially when she turned to me with a giant grin on her face, after making the "burner" makes it's frying noise, and said, "I make popcorn!!"


No comments:

Post a Comment