Monday, May 9, 2011

Day 129 - May 9

I like shoes. I like shoes a lot. I've rekindled my love for shoes now that we live here in the real world where I don't have to worry about rain/snow/gray mud ruining my shoes.

And, even better than buying shoes for myself, I've found a new love of buying shoes for my toddler. Toddler shoes, in case you wondered, and especially if you get them on discount websites, are MUCH cheaper than adult shoes.

These are some of the latest shoes to arrive at our house, courtesy of Babysteals. Not only are they orange and pink, but they are squeaker shoes. The kid loves a shoe that squeaks and I'm more than happy to indulge that love...because it's easier to find her at the park.

The one unfortunate thing about these shoes is that they have actual laces. I overlooked that in my rush to buy them because they were so cute and had squeakers. It's a small price to pay for cute, though.


(And for photographer friends... this picture was also an exercise in aperture. I really wanted to get as much light in as I could, but when I opened up my 50mm all the way to the f/1.4 it can do, the DOF was way shallow and looked terrible. In case you wondered, f/1.4 gives great bokeh, but you might not want the whole second shoe to be blurry! So I had to retake the pics a few minutes ago to get it right with a slightly more closed aperture, f/3.2. I love that I actually know what I'm talking about!)

No comments:

Post a Comment