Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day 121 - May 1

As I watch the news - along with the rest of the country right now, I'm sure - I think the best picture I could post for today would be one of the stunned looks on both Jason and my faces as we heard Wolf Blitzer announce that Osama bin Laden had been killed. That certainly would be a way to define today, which is what I've tried to do with choosing my picture every day - show a little bit about our day. I don't have that picture, though, so I wanted to at least acknowledge that this is definitely a momentous day in history.

Moving onto a much lighter subject, though, I have the last day of our mini-vacation to New Orleans. Today, we visited the zoo... a MAJOR hit for the kid once we got over the I-don't-want-to-be-in-the-stroller-crankiness (thank goodness for the Kelty backpack and a strong Daddy to carry her). She loved the flamingos, the elephants, and, oddly enough, the toucan! I also liked the elephants, especially when we got to see them giving themselves a dust bath. If my Sesame Street knowledge stands, I think they do that to cool off, which would make sense given that these two were backed up to the very edge of their habitat (and I mean edge... it dropped off into a moat) in the only shady spot, dusting away!

(Now that we're home, I make no more promises in limiting kid pictures. We're back to real life now, which means me and Michaela spending every waking moment together!)


No comments:

Post a Comment